Travel Planning Mistakes You’ll Want to Avoid!
If you’re like most people, you try to go on one great vacation during the year…you have high expectations of a wonderful trip, a great break from your everyday routines, fun experiences and adventures, relaxation, bonding time with the family and a chance to build great new memories. So you plan, save, research, and plan some more. These trips can be expensive, so you want to get the most you can out of them.
But like so many things in life, things can go wrong and the best laid plans are not the success you had hoped for. But you can minimize what can go wrong if you will…
Avoid these travel planning mistakes:
- Not being flexible with the dates of your travel…Obviously, there are times when you don’t have a choice of when you travel, but when you can, be flexible. There are often days of the week that booking airfares are lower than others.
- Not purchasing trip insurance… If you use a credit card to purchase your trip, oftentimes your card will offer travel insurance. If not, buying travel insurance can be a lifesaver…
- if you need to change your travel plans after purchasing your tickets
- if there is an emergency and you need to cancel your trip altogether
- if your luggage is lost, stolen or damaged
- if you incur emergency medical costs
- Trying to cram too much into your vacation… It’s understandable that you want to get the bigest bang you can from your vacation, but if you plan too much, you may be too exhausted to enjoy each experience. Plan a little downtime so you don’t get burned out and you end up needing a vacation from your vacation.
- Not being realistic in your budget… Many people fail to remember all the fees, tips and service charges that come with travel. If your planning is off, your credit card could end up on overload and your vacation could break the bank and you could be paying for if for months to come.
- Speaking of credit cards, it’s a good idea to alert your credit card company that you will be traveling, so you can avoid purchases or payments not being honored.
- Not having the proper travel papers if you are traveling foreign…Not all countries have the same requirements for entering and leaving their country, you could get stuck at the border.
- Packing too much in your suitcase…Not only will this cost you extra if your bags are overweight at the airport, but most people seldom wear everything they pack, you can always do a load of laundry along the way. Plus, you’ll be saving your back if your suitcase is lighter.
- Booking your travel online and not using a qualified, well-travelled travel agent…By using a good travel agent, you could avoid most of the mistakes (and others) that we have listed above.
- They know when to book the best flights.
- They know about travel insurance.
- They can advise on what to pack.
- They can help you with any travel papers you may need.
- They can advise on accomodations and sights to see.
- They are a wealth of knowledge that can help you have an awesome vacation.
Your travel agent is your personal guide and advisor…
Here I am. A world traveler, and full time in the business for over 20 years. I have had experience! Have I been “everywhere”? No, but I have probably been close to where you are wanting to go and have resources to answer any questions or concerns you may have. I also know the best way to get you there.
Contact Me for all your travel needs, I’ll be the warm hands you’ll hold from the beginning to the end of your trip. Together we’ll plan a trip that “fits” you just right!