Why Do People Like River Cruises?
Land was created to provide a place for boats to visit.” – Brooks Atkinson
Before Covid hit, River Cruising was becoming a very popular type of vacation…and now that cruise lines are reopening, there is no doubt that River Cruising’s popularity will be on the rise again.
More to love about River Cruising…
The cruise ships are typically smaller, and more intimate than their cousins, Ocean Cruise Ships, which means fewer passengers, but more opportunities to get to know new people. Although there aren’t as many dining venues, the meals are beautifully prepared and served, and dining is open seating, which allows you to mingle more with the other passengers. And if you’re someone who likes a more casual atmosphere, you’ll be pleased to know that on most River Cruises, the dress code is just like you…casual.
But wait, there’s more!
Things you’ll love about River Cruising…
- Along with the meals being beautifully prepared and served, the food is often fresh, local food from the ports you will be visiting, giving you authentic flavors from your journey.
- The views of the countryside are amazing, because you are so close to land. And a big bonus, there are typically no interior staterooms, most are rooms with a view…you don’t need to miss a thing, whether it’s a quaint village on the Rhine or wildlife on the Amazon!
- Are you someone who gets sea sick on an ocean cruise? No worries, it’s smooth sailing on a River Cruise ship, because the ships are so close to land, you usually don’t have the constant “rocking and rolling” of a ship at sea.
- On a River Cruise, rather than having onboard activities, your activities will be lots of time in the various ports you’ll be stopping at, and enjoying the towns and the culture.
- Even though a River Cruise Ship is smaller than an ocean liner, they are luxurious and modern…ships fit for a king and queen. They often provide, lounges, balconies, sun decks, hot tubs and many other amenities.
- Because there are fewer guests on board, the ship’s staff will have more time and a better opportunity to know you, which gives them a better opportunity to give you very personalized service.
- If you’re looking for a quieter type of experience, there are seldom kids onboard a River Cruise. This experience is targeted more to more mature (but not necessarily old) adults.
Popular River Cruise Destinations
- Amazon River
- Nile River
- Mississippi River
- Yangtse River
- Mekong River
- Rhine River
Let me help you plan your wonderful River Cruise…You’re going to love it!
I am a seasoned traveler and travel agent…My specialty is vacation travel, and I love to give personal service, and be the warm hands you hold from the beginning to the end of your trip.
Contact me, together we can plan the vacation of your dreams.