Tips For The Frequent Business Traveler
Do you have a job that requires you to do a great deal of travel? If so, then you know it can be either stressful or enjoyable, or both.
Granted, there will always be a certain amount of stress associated with business travel, but there are some things you can do that will eliminate some of the stress and make it much more enjoyable…sound good?
Then just follow these easy business travel tips!
- Let’s start with something fun! Have you ever considered bringing a little something for the flight crew? It doesn’t have to be much, buy a large family size bag of M&M’s or jellybeans or something similar, make sure you give them to the lead flight attendant and ask her to share them with the crew…even if they aren’t a fan of the type of treat you brought, the fact that you brought something for them will make their day and your flight better.
- One of the biggest causes of travel stress today is the concern of spreading germs and viruses. Some of the things you can do to put your mind at ease are:
- Wear a mask. Whether we like it or not, wearing a mask can help prevent the spread of germs, especially in situations where social distancing isn’t always maintainable.
- Carry a small container of hand sanitizer, and use it frequently.
- Airlines are making and effort to keep their planes as germ free as possible, but it’s a big job, so use a disinfectant wipe to wipe down such things as your armrest, tray table, seatbelt and the call buttons.
- Make sure your vaccinations are current.
- Make sure you have good travel insurance. You can ask your travel agent for a good recommendation.
- Make your travel arrangements sooner than later…there’s nothing more stressful than not being able to book the flights, the hotel or the car you want, because you waited too long.
- Spend less time going through security lines. Be prepared:
- Wear comfortable, easy to remove shoes.
- Be sure you only carry travel size bottles of liquid.
- Avoid wearing metal objects if possible.
- Better yet, check into such programs as CLEAR or TSA pre-check, that will get you to your gate quicker.
- Check in for your flight online the night before, you can even get your boarding pass printed before you arrive at the airport.
- Book non-stop flights whenever possible.
- Weigh your check-in luggage in advance…it could save you extra costs for overweight luggage or the need to remove items from your suitcase and repack them in your carry on.
- Join rewards programs that will help you take advantage of your travel miles.
I am a seasoned traveler and travel agent…My specialty is vacation travel, and I love to give personal service, and be the warm hands you hold from the beginning to the end of your trip.
Contact me, together we can plan the vacation of your dreams.