Why Should I Hire A Travel Agent Rather Than Book My Own Travel Online?
Where do you want to go? How will you get there?
In today’s world of online Do-It-Yourself for everything…booking your own travel with one of the many online travel companies is becoming very popular, because people are wondering, “Why should I use a travel agent when everything I need is at my fingertips!”
Well, there is some truth to that, but there is so much more that a travel agent can and will do for you other than make a reservation and print a boarding pass, which is what you get when you book online.
When was the last time a real person from Expedia or Travelocity called you or…
- Checked in with you to see how your trip preparations were going or how your trip went?
- Gave you ideas on where to go once you reach your destination?
- Helped educate you on what was a good deal and what wasn’t and why?
- Was able to give you information about where you can get a visa or travel inoculations?
- Put a short term hold on packages or cruises you wanted in order to help you out?
- Offered or explained travel insurance?
- Used their connections to get you what you wanted or better?
- Gave you personal advice on your destination, because they had previously been there?
- Made the effort to build a relationship with you?
Who are travel agents?
Travel agents are people who…
- Have “been around the block” a time or two, or should I say have done their fair share of traveling
- Probably have better connections than you do…they know where to find the best deals, the best rates, the new cruises or resorts, and the latest and greatest offerings
- Care about you and your trip and how smoothly and enjoyable it goes for you. They will always be at the other end of the phone if something goes wrong, ready to jump into action and help you however they can (Can you get that kind of service from Ex…ia or Tra….city?)
- Can save you time searching and researching for the perfect, cruise or hotel…these people are experts at what they do and they know how to find you what you want?
- Know about getting upgrades, special reservations, hard to aquire tickets or have advice on great places to go or places to avoid?
- Are always watching for great deals (and they know where to find them), so they can pass them on to you?
- Are your travel consultant or advisor, people you can trust, people who have your back?
Enjoy this brief video, it’s not only entertaining, but makes a lot of good sense!
Then Contact Me for all your travel needs, I’ll be the warm hands you’ll hold from the beginning to the end of your trip.