Packing Tips to Make Your Travel Better
It’s time to pack, call the Butler!
What?? You don’t have a Butler? Neither do I.
So let me share a few ideas I have learned as traveler. And if you want to share your tips, please do so.
What to pack in addition to clothes
- Bottled water. Take 3 or 4 bottles with you in your packed luggage. This will tide you over until you can find a local source.
- 3 oz. paper cups, use with bottled water for brushing teeth.
- No matter how SAFE the location, don’t trust the water.
- If you mistakenly wash your tooth brush under a faucet, throw it away. A tiny sip of bad water can ruin a trip.
- Small umbrella. For rain? No, for a door on a bathroom that doesn’t have one.
- Rain ponchos for rain. The less you carry on your shoulder, the less pain.
- Money pouch or wallet with strap to go under your clothes.
- Never put valuables in a back pack or bag over your shoulder.
- You make it an easy target for fast fingers.
- Make copies of every document you take – credit cards, passports, medical cards, etc.
- Take one set and leave a set at home with someone.
- Red eye flights. Those airline pillows are worthless.
- Take an old down pillow, cut it in half and take it in your carry on for a good night sleep.
- Eagle Creek cubes, half cubes and quarter cubes are the best for corralling groups of things.
- Electronic charges and cords
- Medicines and vitamins
- Mosquito repellent and sun screen
- Shaving gear
- Socks, underwear and a multitude of other items that tend to get scattered all over the suitcase.
- Eagle Creek dress shirt packing folders.
- Keeps shirts and blouses folded.”Pack it” compression bags.
- Put that down pillow in one, roll it up and squish the air out to put it in your carry on.
- Also good for underwear, sweaters, sweatshirts and any other bulky things that can be wrinkled and still usable.
- Syringes. In some countries, needing a shot can give you a concern. So take your own in a paper towel roll and tape shut the ends.
Those should give you some ideas. Do I ever get packed right? No, but maybe someday!!!