Is Now The Time To Plan A Vacation?
What’s the point of planning a vacation? Our trips have had to be cancelled, we can’t go anywhere, we’re all quarantined! Why should we bother, who knows when the threat of COVID-19 will be a thing of the past?
But I have to say…why not?
You’re right, many wonderful trips have had to be put on the back burner while we all stay at home sheltering in place. But this too will pass, so staying at home where we are safe is the best thing we can do for now…
But on a more positive note, what’s the one thing that is almost as fun and exciting as going on vacation?
Planning a vacation!
And besides, have you got anything better to do with your time right now? And when this is all over, we’re all going to need a break, something fun in our lives, something to look forward to, so yes, now is the perfect time to plan your next vacation.
- Many of us are stressed and anxious right now due to the current Corona Virus situation, planning something you’d like to do in the future can take your mind off the stress.
- You have plenty of time to research a great destination and save your money.
- You have plenty of time to make sure all of your passports and other documents are current and in order.
- You have time to develop a wonderful itinerary.
- Although you don’t have to book your trip right now, you actually could..because the hospitality industry (cruise lines and hotels) also understands how difficult it is right now to commit to a booking, many of them have more flexible booking policies and are more willing to work with you.
- Cruise lines are also being more flexible with changes and cancellations. Promotions from the cruise lines are mounting every day. Now is the time to snag those deal with minimum deposits. Cruise ships have been “parked” for weeks with nothing to do but clean. This maybe the cleanest they have ever been…new paint, every little area scrubbed from top to bottom and wonderful new itineraries to replace the ones closed.
- Be sure to purchase travel insurance. Talk to your travel agent about which policy would be good for you.
- Have your travel agent keep an eye out for some special deals as restrictions begin to ease.
- Include your whole family in the planning of an upcoming vacation, then everyone can experience the happiness and anticipation.
Get out an atlas. Now look at the places you have always dreamed about. Call me and we can dream together. Most likely I have been there and can tell you stories. Although I haven’t been “everywhere”, I still know a lot about destinations.
Plan now, travel later…
I am a seasoned traveler and travel agent… Contact me, together we can plan an awesome vacation.