The Smart Way to Pack Your Carry-On
What’s in your carry-on?
When you’re traveling, things happen…your luggage could get lost, it could get put on the wrong plane, it could be out in the weather during a rain storm, and if it’s soft-sided, everything inside could get wet and ruined. And yes, at some point you will more than likely get your luggage back, and ruined contents can get replaced, but in the meantime, while you are on your trip, what will you use?
“We are deeply sorry for the loss of anything – from your luggage to, of course, a loved pet.” – Oscar Munoz, Chief Executive Officer of United Airlines
Although you can’t be prepared for everything, with a little planning, a well-packed carry-on can be a life-saver…
What To Pack In Your Carry-On:
- Beginning with the necessities, if you are taking any medications, those belong in your carry-on.
- The next necessity would be any travel documents you will need, such things as:
- Travel vouchers
- All trip-related paperwork
- Any valuables you must travel with:
- Extra cash
- Computers or tablets (don’t forget to pack the chargers for these devices)
- Travel size toiletries, (they need to be travel size because you cannot carry on a plane any liquids that are more than about 3 oz.) Be sure to pack them in a plastic, sealable bag to prevent any leakage that could happen from getting all over the other things you’ve packed
- At least a change of clothes, socks and underwear for 1-2 days. If you’re not wearing a jacket, it’s also a good idea to pack a light jacket or sweater. You will appreciate it if the plane gets a little little chilly, or if you run into cold weather in the event that your luggage goes missing.
- A travel pillow will come in handy during a flight or if by chance you get stranded in an airport.
- Don’t forget your favorite snacks, on most flights, airline food is minimal unless you are willing to purchase it.
Are you ready to start planning your trip? I am a seasoned traveler and travel agent…I can give you ideas on the type of clothing and other essentials you might need. Contact me, together we can plan your travel, lodging and any other excursions you may enjoy.