Travel Agents are not dead nor extinct. We are very much alive and have a wealth of information to share with you. If you like to do your own research, go right ahead. But when you are ready to book that trip, talk to us. There are a lot of ways to see the world, but not all of them are right for you. Without a Professional Certified Travel Agent, you are on your own and that can be uncomfortable and expensive.
Do Travel Agents Still Exist? If So, Why?
With all the online DIY travel planning and booking, why would anyone seek out and use a travel agent these days?
It’s kind of like asking: “Why do we still have school teachers, when we have YouTube…You can learn by yourself on YouTube.
In fact, travel agents do exist, and serve a great purpose!
Travel agents do the things that you don’t want to do, can’t do, or don’t know how to do! They make your travel easier.
Progress and technology are great, they often simplify and speed things up…but they can’t do everything, there are just some things better left to the expert humans. I have often said…
We love to give personal service; We are the warm hands you hold from the beginning to the end of your trip.” – Sharon Emerson
And it’s true, “being there for you…on the other end of the line”, from the start to the finish of your trip is something you can’t expect from online booking companies…it’s our special brand of customer service.
Why you should be the traveller and I’ll be the travel agent…
- Although online travel companies claim they will save you time by letting you do it yourself, we can actually save you time…you call us, give us the details of your trip, and go about your life – we take over the researching, planning and booking. What is quicker than that?
- Don’t spend your time going from website to website, comparing prices, dates, availabilities and quality stars…we’ll do it all for you.
- We are experts in our field and also have the benefit of technology to give us the ability give you quick and quality service, especially if the travel you are planning is a little complicated.
- Much of our expertise comes from the fact that many of us are well-travelled ourselves and can offer great advice about almost every aspect of your travel, from hotel accomodations to attractions to what to pack. And if we don’t know it, we have the resources to find it for you.
- If something goes wrong with your trip, we are a phone call away, and can offer assistance to resolve the problem. For instance, if you arrive at a hotel and it is totally unacceptable, for whatever reason, we can change your reservation for you…we can give you peace of mind.
- We can help you avoid the unexpected by letting you know about unexpected fees, tipping or restrictions you can encounter on your trip…did you know you can’t rent a car in the United States and drive it across the border to Mexico?
- We can make booking a large group so much easier, because we often have access to bulk buying deals, from airlines to tours to hotels.
- Just like physcians, many of us have specialized our businesses – such as destination weddings, cruises, luxury or group travel – to give you the best service ever.
Are you ready to start planning your trip? I am a seasoned traveler and travel agent… Contact me, together we can plan your travel, lodging and any other excursions you may enjoy.