Travel Agents are not dead nor extinct. We are very much alive and have a wealth of information to share with you. If you like to do your own research, go right ahead. But when you are ready to book that trip, talk to us. There are a lot of ways to see the world, but not all of them are right for you. Without a Professional Certified Travel Agent, you are on your own and that can be uncomfortable and expensive.
How Should You Travel…Guided or Self Guided?
Everyone has their own preferred style of travel…you either go on a guided tour or “you go it on your own”, self guided. It’s your trip, go the way you prefer. But maybe you haven’t traveled a lot, so you’re not really sure which you’d enjoy the most. Obviously both types of travel are very different from one another, so here are some comparisons to help you plan for a trip you will really enjoy.
Something to keep in mind, is that some trips, such as the one in our picture, may require the expertise of a professional guide.
If you like hassle free travel, a guided tour might be just the thing for you…
- Your guided tour comes complete with itinerary – you will know everywhere you’re going to go and everything you’re going to do, and you’ll know you have a bed to sleep in at the end of the day. It’s kind of nice when someone else does all the planning, and you get to enjoy the ride.
- You won’t have to hire drivers or wait for sight-seeing buses, your tour will come with its own transportation.
- Your tour guide will be able to share history and all kinds of interesting things with you about where you’re going and what you’re going to see…they know the interesting places to take you.
- You will have the opportunity of meeting new people who you can become friends with and possibly plan future trips with.
- If you’re traveling to a foreign country, you won’t have to worry about not being able to communicate, whether trying to order from the menu or needing directions to the next site, your tour guide will take care of all of that for you.
- Planned into the itinerary is usually some time to yourself that you can use to hang out at a pool, do a little shopping, rest in your hotel room or just go for a walk.
- A very important plus for a guided tour is that your tour guide will help keep you out of places that could be dangerous…you will be guided along the safe track.
- I just had one client this week who thinks she can wing it in London. There are really a lot of dangerous places there, but I couldn’t convince her.
Self Guided Travel:
If you like planning your own travel, striking out on your own and enjoying the adventure of it all, self guided travel is probably right up your alley, here’s why…
- Obviously, you are an independent person, who doesn’t like to follow, but prefers to lead. Traveling on your own is so freeing, you’re not tied into anyone else’s idea of a vacation…you don’t have to stay at places you don’t like, but you can stay as long as you like at places you enjoy.
- You are not “tied” to times and dates set by tour agencies, but you can choose when you travel.
- You can choose where you stay…hotels, hostels or Airbnbs.
- You can travel at your own pace…guided tours are often very fast paced…but if you’re on your own, you can stay at one location longer, you can go and eat when and where you want. Your itinerary is not set, it’s as flexible as you’d like it to be, see somewhere or something that looks interesting…go see it!
- If you happen to come across an interesting sight-seeing tour or even plan it in advance, you can join the group as a small part of your trip.
- Self guided travel can be more wallet friendly, as you pick and choose the activities you want to do rather than having to purchase activities in bulk and participate in the ones you’d prefer not to.
Are you ready to start planning your trip? I am a seasoned traveler and travel agent… Contact me, together we can plan your travel. Whether you want a guided tour or you want to go it on your own…I have the resources to get you just what you want.